Monday, October 25, 2010

43: Idaho


“I just had the best idea.”


“Well, remember when I told you the Amish were coming?”


“On account of I read about it in the paper. Anyway, I got to thinking: sure they might find a little farmland here and there today, but what they really need is a home they can take west on the Oregon Trail tomorrow. That way when the evils of the modern world and the coyotes come a-calling they can just pick up and move on.”


“Not just any mobile homes; log cabins. Just like our Founding Fathers, and like the settlers of old. This is bigger than you and me and Boise. This is the American Dream all over again. This is Manifest Destiny.”


“Look it up. Anyway, we’ll worry about all the details later. The slogan is the best part. Just listen to this: Horsepower Houses – As Green As Grass.”

No comments:

Post a Comment